We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions.
Wholesale Distribution Driver
Location: Wide River Winery, Clinton, Iowa
Wide River Winery is the 10th largest winery in Iowa, producing and selling about
17,000 gallons per year. We have three tasting rooms and a good sized wholesale business. We
aim to produce excellent wine and provide excellent customer service.
The Wholesale Distribution Driver is in charge of delivering Wide River wine to 80+ stores that
carry our wine throughout the year especially November and December. The Wholesale
Distribution Driver safely operates a Mercedes Sprinter Van and dolly and delivers cases of
bottled and canned wine to grocery stores, restaurants, and venues mainly located within 120
miles of Clinton winery plotted on 10 different routes. The Wholesale Distribution Driver
knows the contacts at each of the stores, is responsive to emails and text messages to ensure
their inventory stays fresh, full and ready to sell. They look to improve shelf position for our
wine, and encourage retailers to put our wine in cooler displays. Routes located closer to the
winery are visited every week. Routes further away are checked on every three weeks. Duties
can include shuttling supplies, food and wine between Clinton, LeClaire and Village of East
Davenport tasting room locations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally and take direction from multiple
- Organized, carefully handles customer payments.
- Active Iowa or Illinois issued driver’s license. CDL a plus.
- Can easily learn how to use a Smart Phone app to create and print invoices for customers.
- Safely lift up to 60 lbs.
- Experience with delivery a plus.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 40 hours per week, occasional overtime Nov 15 – Dec 31.
What’s in it for you:
- Represent a well-liked local family business and wine brand.
- Employee discount on wine purchases.
- Health insurance, retirement benefits.
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Good hourly wage + quarterly case delivery bonuses.
Food Preparation Kitchen Aide
Wide River Winery is seeking an enthusiastic food preparer to support a wine and food pairing program from our Le Claire kitchen. Position pays $12-15 per hour.
Location: Wide River Winery, LeClaire, Iowa
Part Time Position Responsibilities:
- With guidance, a collection of family recipes and your own creativity, prepare dips, cheese & charcuterie boards and desserts to be served in our busy tasting rooms, and at private parties.
- Responsible for knowing inventory of kitchen and menu supplies and ordering.
- Maintain cleanliness, operation and organization of kitchen and appliances to comply with ServSafe and Health Department requirements.
- Must be able to work most weekends, primarily Thu – Sun and Friday evenings and special events.
- Work closely with tasting room management and staff, and event coordinator when necessary
- Dish washing
- Deep clean kitchen on a regular basis
- 20-29 hours per week
- Creative, positive, flexible and friendly person
- Previous experience preferred
- Food knowledge and food safety skills
- ServSafe Certified or ability to gain certifications
- Works well in a group/team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to spend several hours on your feet, lift up to 45 lbs.
- A love of local wine and food!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
Vineyard and Winery Support
Stay tuned for more details!
Email email@example.com if interested.
Wide River Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.