- 2 1/4 cups of self-rising soft-wheat flour. Note: To make self rising flour – 1 cup flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of cold butter, cut up
- 8 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- Use bacon grease on pan for flavor and also make it non-stick.
- Pre-bake crust at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 5 pounds assorted tomatoes – seeded
- 3 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Mix cheese, herbs and other ingredients and spread over crust. Layer with tomatoes, more cheese mixture and top with tomatoes – sprinkle parsley over top and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes – Until the cheese mixture melts and cooks.