Delicious bite of heaven. Even better with red wine.
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Felony Red wine
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder, colored sugar or mint for garnish
- Place chopped chocolate in a large heat proof mixing bowl. Heat cream until very hot but not quite boiling. Pour hot cream directly into the bowl with chocolate and mix until smooth and melted. If chocolate doesn’t completely melt, place it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until it melts completely. Once the mixture is smooth and melted, add the wine and vanilla off the heat. Cover bowl, then place it in the refrigerator to set, 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add a small amount of cocoa powder (or powdered/colored sugar) into a wide plate or pie dish. With a small scoop or spoon, scoop chocolate and form it into a ball, then roll in the cocoa powder or sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining chocolate. Yields 24 small truffles.
- Refrigerate truffles for 30 minutes to set. Serve slightly chilled.
Best paired with Felony Red or Pursuit of Happiness wines. Enjoy!